RE: Languard

  • From: "Steve Moffat" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 19:33:40 +0100

Tom Hi

The errors in the application event log that were being generated  were
that -
1. the firewall service wouldn't start 1st try and then that Isa could
not bind to ***.***.***.***:1080. The server took about 10 minutes to
pass the preparing network connections dialog. As soon as I uninstalled
Languard it boots normally and socks works and the rest.

2. Early this morning (3am) and the morning before (5:17am) the firewall
stopped without giving any details to the event log.

3. As everything had been running since last Sunday without restarting
or rebooting it seems like too much of a coincidence to me.

GFI support are not very helpful, they just mail you back and say that
it's not languard that's causing it.