Isa bandwidth control over ipsec tunnel

  • From: "David Pokorny" <david.pokorny@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 09:15:41 -0600

Hi,
os:Win2000 and sp2
I use two Isa servers, each server in the other location.
Each Isa server is connected to Internet by lease line /128kB/. Access to
the Internet is fine and each Isa server is working O.K.
I also use Ipsec /3des/ tunnel between these two locations by Isa servers.
Tunnel is working fine.
I would like to use bandwidth control in the Isa server:
all internet access use 70 percent effective 128kB and the tunnel use 30
percent.
When set up effective bandwidth to 128kB and create two bandwidth
priorities
: internet-70 and tunnel-30 and Default bandwidth priority is 100, next I
create destination set with Ip address of the second ext ISa server, next
create two bandwidth rules-the first: "Internet access" with bandwidth
"internet" with destination sets to all
the second :"Tunnel access" with bandwidth "tunnel" with destination sets
destination set with Ip address of the second ext ISa server./I try to use
also internal Ip address of another server/
I start performance monitor and look at counters of bandwidth of Isa
server-all counters are zero-bandwidth control does not work and after
when
I use ISA web proxy services from IE, service stop with error:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7031
Date:  6.8. 2001
Time:  9:49:59
User:  N/A
Computer: XXX
The Microsoft Web Proxy service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this
4
time(s).  The following corrective action will be taken in 0 milliseconds:
No action.

Can you help me ???

Thanks