Is this what broke Direct Access in SP2?

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 09:30:06 -0600

Auto Detection

The behavior of client auto detection as configured on ISA Server has
been modified in this service pack. With Service Pack 2, a request has
to match both the IP address range and the server name or domain name
provided on the Web browser tab to bypass the proxy.

So, I need to configure the Web browser config in the ISA firewall
console to include BOTH the domain name AND the IP address of the
destination host that needs Direct Access? I hope I'm reading this
wrong, because this completely breaks the Direct Access mechanism.

Tom
Thomas W Shinder, M.D.
Blog: http://spaces.msn.com/members/drisa/
MVP -- ISA Firewalls