RE: Is this possible ?

  • From: "David V. Dellanno" <ddellanno@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 10:29:14 -0400

Is it possible?...any thing is possible...is it the right thing to
do....Its recommend that you keep all your internet traffic centralized
so you can better take advantage of the cache that both ISA and Border
Manager provides to greatly reduce internet traffic.  Also if your HQ
decided that Border Manger would be the choice of Firewall for their
organization, then they would want to centralized the caching, security
access and logging information that goes through their organization.
Your diagram provides an overhead to maintain the security of your
organization, where you have two seperate locations that users can gain
access to the internet.  That means that HQ security policy must be the
same for ISA2 security policy, if changed, you have introduce an
overhead on keeping the security centralized and induced an overhead of
updates that will be made during the life-cycle of the solution.