RE: Installing caching only with SBS

  • From: "Frederic Giroux" <fgiroux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 12:07:22 -0500

Shawn Quillman replied...

  I _believe_ that integrated mode is the only installation option in SBS.

  Why do you want cache only mode?  Is web the only thing that's going in/out?

    The client already has a firewall and that machine is already a DC, an
Exchange Server, a DNS server, will possibly become a DHCP server and even
more...

    To respect the licensing, ISA needs to be on that machine but including the
firewall services would be way too much (especially because they don't need it).

    They wanted the acceleration functions of ISA since they already paid for
them.  But, if it can't be installed in caching mode only, that'll be it!

    Thanks!

    Fred