[isalist] Re: [ISAserver.org Discussion List] FTP Servers

Jim,

None of the workstations use the web proxy, or firewall client software of ISA
2004. They use Secure NAT, they are going out through ISA like if you had a
dummy Linksys cable DSL router.

Example:

ISA is on 192.168.1.1

GW: for all clients on the DHCP server is 192.168.1.1, again there is no web
proxy setup and no firewall client ware installed.

Secondly what I meant in my other comment which you are so egger to twist
around is that I have not tampered with the default firewall settings of ISA,
yes I have added my own rules to the system, but if you look at the default
core settings for ICMP, etc they have all been left alone.

Now are you going to keep acting this way if I say, you know Jim I installed a
new ISA server that only had two rules in it, one for the FTP server to the
outside using the default FTP Server protocol, and the other which is the
default DENY rule that ISA creates? Are you going to blame on the web proxy or
firewall client if neither are installed or being used?

Lets be realistic here, if you don't know the answer why ISA out of the box
with two rules in it won't connect to FTP servers that don't use passive mode
why make a fuss of it? Why not ask Bill to loan you one his boxes, install ISA
2004, email me for a couple test accounts and go to town, then say geez you
know there is a bug or maybe Microsoft doesn't care?  You have the time and
certainly the money to investigate it further, than I do yet you keep hounding
people to show you more evidence before you will get off your dairy air and do
something.. ;)

Regards,
Andrew