ISA2004 DCOM Error

  • From: Brian Boyes <BrianB@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 10:29:55 -0500

Hello everybody. So far this has been a really useful source of information,
but now the time has come that I need a little help with one of my own ISA
servers. Apparently this error has been occurring for months, and he finally
came to me for help. The application log is full of the following errors:
-------------
EventID 10016:

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation
permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{BA126AD1-2166-11D1-B1D0-00805FC1270E}
 to the user NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE SID (S-1-5-20).  This security
permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp
<http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp> .
-----------

So doing the obvious, I checked the link and it says to check the permission
of the CLSID mentioned, which is the Network Connection Manager Class.
However when I check the component services tool, this class is not
mentioned.

I've checked my usual sources of information but I couldn't find anything
specific to this situation. Has anyone seen this?

Thanks

Brian Boyes
Corporate Server Systems Administrator
Precision Resource Group