ISA2000 Server Firewall & VPN Termination

  • From: "Andrew Prince" <Andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 10:32:29 +0100

Hi all,

I have been having a few issues with my setup.  My server is not only my
firewall facing the internet, my VPN termination server & my Certificate
Authority.  I have configured the 3 VPN wizards in ISA & made sure RRAS is
up a working.  I can get PPTP tunnels to the VPN server, however I'm having
trouble with IPSec - L2TP tunnels.

Basically I'm not sure what/how the certificates play there role in my
scenario, I can log into my CA through my PPTP tunnel and I can request a
cert.  My issue is - what cert do I request???? Must I also have a Server
Cert on the server - if so, why????

I've tired & succeeded in issuing a Client Authentication Certificate &
installed it in my remote machine.  However when ever I try and create a
IPSec VPN network connection on my remote machine I get the error "Unable to
find valid certificate"????????

TIA,
Andrew.