Re: ISA - internal interface broacasting on external interface ?

  • From: "David Elmquist" <david@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 18:03:13 +0200

I`ve once weeded DHCP broadcasts hitting my external from the logs
By creating a packetfiler to block the traffic and specify no logging:

 Packet Filter Name : DHCP BC

        Enabled : True
        Filter Mode : Block
        Filter Type : Custom
        Protocol : UDP
        Direction : Inbound and Outbound
        Local Port : 68
        Remote Port : 67
        Local Computer Filter Applies to this IP : 0.0.0.0
        Remote Computer Filter Applies to Host: "originating IP here"

I agree that it would be best to find the source of the broadcasts,
But I`m pretty sure that it could be removed from the logs by tweaking
The above filter.

 David Elmquist