ISA and subnets...

  • From: "Ryan" <rpriest@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 10:08:13 -0600

I am just getting started looking into using ISA as a potential FW
solution. Someone mentioned to me that you cannot have multiple subnets
protected from each other on one or two (load balanced) ISA servers --
you'd have to have a separate ISA server for each subnet. Is this true? I
would like to implement a pair of load balanced ISA servers, but as I have
4 subnets that require varying degrees of segregation, I would need 4-8
ISA servers (1-2 per subnet). Will ISA not handle multiple subnets - 1 for
each NIC? I have read some MS literature that mentions multi-homming for a
DMZ, but does not go beyond 2 subnets. Does anyone have any experience
with using 1 ISA server with 3, 4 or more subnets?
Any advice is appreciated, thanks.
-Ryan