[isalist] ISA and proxy authentication - best way of doing this?

  • From: "Andrew Hodgson" <Andrew.Hodgson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 13:26:00 +0000

Hi,

I have NTLM authentication set on the ISA firewall rules for specific IP
ranges.  I am getting shouted at by developers and people using specific
apps because the proxy is not allowing them to authenticate through – or
more correctly, the application isn’t allowing it through.  These are
most often PHP developers using various PHP based applications etc.

I have created a rule which excludes specific IP addresses from
authentication, which is working, but more and more people are now
requesting this.

I wanted this initially for the Websense logging system – but is there
any other way round this?

Thanks.

Andrew.

--

allpay.net Limited, Fortis et Fides, Whitestone Business Park, Whitestone,
Hereford, HR1 3SE.

Registered in England No. 02933191. UK VAT Reg. No. 666 9148 88.

Telephone: 0870 243 3434, Fax: 0870 243 6041.

Website: www.allpay.net

Email: enquiries@xxxxxxxxxx

This email, and any files transmitted with it, is confidential and intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you
have received this email in error please notify the allpay.net Information
Security Manager at the number above.