Re: ISA and SMTP

  • From: Joe DeNave <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 10:39:25 -0500

Thanks - I solved it a bit differently.  I put in a smart host entry in for
my Exchange server under the SMTP settings.  Make sure you put it in
brackets around the IP address.  Then I set the authentication methods.
lastly I told exchange to accept relays from the IIS SMTP server.  I did it
this way so the requests never have to leave the internal network.  Also I
checked the box that says something to the effect of attempt direct delivery
before relaying attempt is made.  So it appears we got our intended results
through different paths.  Thanks for the information John.

-Joe