ISA Server routing issues

  • From: "Hatton, Chris - SAL" <Chris.Hatton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 10:35:42 +1200

Hi All,

I have recently installed sbs2000, and have a frustrating problem with ISA
Server.

Ever since I have installed a demand on dialler router, the server cannot
access or ping any external websites or connect using any Winsock services
eg. Telnet, pop3, smtp.

I have set up only the IP of the machine as client address list and allow
all sites contents rules and for all protocols and any request.
On the server the webproxy service connects fine, but no firewall connection
available, the firewall logs shows the request coming from the server and
tcp port, but does not connect after a long timeout.

All the other clients have no problems connecting to webproxy, and Winsock
applications using the firewall client, but without it they also have the
same issue as the server.

I have set up dozen's of other ISA server before without DOD's and had no
problems, is there something I have overlooked?

Hope you can help.

Cheers
Chris Hatton
Information Systems Engineer
Safe Air Ltd
Phone: 03 5727793
Mobile: 021 544 570
Email: chris.hatton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

error please notify Safe Air Ltd immediately. Any views expressed
necessarily reflect the views of Safe Air.
For more information on the Safe Air Group, visit us online
at http://www.safeair.co.nz/