From: Paul Nuernberger [mailto:pen@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2003 8:44 AM
To: [ISAserver.org Discussion List]
Subject: [isalist] Re: ISA Server on same machine as IIS

http://www.ISAserver.org

If you followed the wizards properly, then the setup would have removed
'socket pooling' for IIS so that it only listens on the internal
interface (it would have asked you for the IP address of the internal
interface).

This being the case, you would have to 'publish' your web site in ISA
using web publishing (& preferably also use a destination set to limit
what ISA passes to IIS).  It would also be a good thing to look at what
headers your IIS site is looking for (i.e. www.mysite.tld and
mysite.tld), and make sure to pass the original headers to IIS (in web
publishing).  Review the docs and help file, as well as stuff at
www.isaserver.org, and you will see how these all work together.

If you are relying on using packet filters to get to your IIS web site -
don't.  Only use web publishing.

Paul Nuernberger