Re: ISA Server on same machine as IIS

  • From: "James May" <Jmay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 09:13:45 -0700

I had the same problem when I set up SBS,currently I am doing what Paul
is saying not to do relying on packet filters.... maybe I can lean
something here. Maybe I went wrong when I didn't use the wizard? I got
my website up and running fine both internal and external using
destination sets or publishing where I ran into trouble is I couldn't
get OWA working on the remote side unless I published it using port 80
this is not recommended in the isa server book or on the

Here is my config
Split DNS disabled socket pooling w3svc service ftp and smtp.
Website assigned the public ip and the host A records for www pointing
to public on the internal DNS server ip packet filters for created for
the ip. The problem here internal web access loops around the fire wall.