[isalist] Re: ISA Server 2004/2006 & Verizon DSL Connection

Hi

2 possibilities

1   if your modem allows port forwarding then port forward to ISA

2   a better option if your modem allows you to fire up a pppoE conection
(pppoe pasthru) then do one from the isa box through the modem
    this will allow the pppoE connection to get another dhcp address. theN
you might have to look at setting up some sort of dynamic dns
    pointing to that conection.

On 3/12/07, Tee Darling <tee.darling77@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

ISA Gurus,
 Where are you guys hiding? I need your help out here :).
Okay, here is my problem. I have a Windows Server 2003, XP, and Vista
network setup. I have a Verizon DSL that connects to my network. When I
connect the Verizon DSL  box (Westell Wirespeed) to any of my workstations,
I get a public DHCP assigned IP address from Verizon. That's Great.
Everything works fine. But when I connect the Verizon DSL to my Windows
Server 2003, the Verizon box is not able to assign the Public IP address to
the server. According to Verizon, their DSL box only works with Windows
workstations and not Windows servers.

My plan is to setup my network so that my Windows Server 2003 which has 2
NICS in it will have ISA Server 2004 or 2006 install on it. Actually, I will
install ISA Server 2006 since I have worked with the 2004 edition for over a
year and a half now. One of the NIC will be connected to the Internal LAN
and the other NIC will be connected to the Verizon Box. But since I cannot
connect the Verizon box directly to the 2nd NIC because of the limitation
that box has with Windows version of the server, what are some of the
connections work around? I even tried to connect the 2nd NIC and the Verizon
box to an unmanaged switch but that was no good.

Anyone out there with a very good idea to help me make this connection
work? I really need the ISA Server in my environment. Thanks all for any
idea you may have.

Tee