[isalist] Re: ISA Server 2004/2006 & Verizon DSL Connection

  • From: "Tee Darling" <tee.darling77@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 15:14:58 -0400

Port 25 outbound on both the router and the ISA had been configured and the
problem was still going on.

On 3/12/07, John Becker <becker1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The Guru De Grando Jimbo's answer looked like a winner to me. <<
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326116 >>
As far as not being able to send mail with a static ip behind NAT, port 25
outbound on both the router and ISA is all that should be required.

JB

On Mar 12, 2007, at 9:25 AM, Tee Darling wrote:

John,
 The scenario you described here is good. I had my network setup like that
before with ISA 2004. The problem I was having was that, the moment I had
the external interface configured to have a static private IP address on the
private side of the Verizon box NAT, I couldn't send e-mail out. I was able
to receive e-mail but not send. Was there any configuration I was supposed
to perform? Thanks.