[isalist] Re: ISA Server 2004/2006 & Verizon DSL Connection

  • From: John Becker <becker1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 10:51:40 -0700

The Guru De Grando Jimbo's answer looked like a winner to me. << http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326116 >>

As far as not being able to send mail with a static ip behind NAT, port 25 outbound on both the router and ISA is all that should be required.

JB

On Mar 12, 2007, at 9:25 AM, Tee Darling wrote:

John,
The scenario you described here is good. I had my network setup like that before with ISA 2004. The problem I was having was that, the moment I had the external interface configured to have a static private IP address on the private side of the Verizon box NAT, I couldn't send e-mail out. I was able to receive e-mail but not send. Was there any configuration I was supposed to perform? Thanks.

On 3/12/07, John Becker <becker1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Technically not a guru ;-)

It does not make sense to me that DHCP would be any different for a server version of windows.

Is the Verizon router not able to perform NAT?

The scenario which works for me: DSL router performing NAT - ISA external NIC manually set to an ip address on the private side of the NAT.

KB

On Mar 12, 2007, at 8:24 AM, Tee Darling wrote:

It's residential. I don't know about MAC or NAT router (Linksys) since I did not ask them that question. My only concern is how do I make it work with ISA Server 2006 on a Windows 2003 server?

On 3/12/07, John T (lists) <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:
Is the Verizon DSL service residential or business?

They said it only works with Windows Workstations, so does that mean that it will not work with a MAC or with a firewall such as Sonicwall or even a basic NAT router such as a Linksys?

John T