[isalist] ISA Mistake or Exchange documentation ???

I'm not sure who to blame (starting with myself), but I ran into a few
interesting series of road bumps that could have been avoided with
better/different documentation.

 

Steps:

 

1) Publish Exchange - done!

2) Publish OWA - done!

3) Publish OWA via Https - done!

4) Publish FBA - done!

5) Publish RPC/http - done!

 

6) Then I tried to get the "Change Password" option to work via OWA.
Simply received a 403 error URL not allowed.

 

After spending unsuccessful hours searching for documentation - I
stumbled upon the answer myself.

 

My point is, is that it seems more logical that when documenting the
procedures for Step 2 or Step 3 above they could have simply listed the
minimum required PATH directories AND then added a suggestion of
(additional) PATH directories that might be needed in the future i.e.
IISADMPWD, OMA, RPC etc.

 

 

Joseph Danielsen, MCSA-Messaging, MCP

Network Blade Inc.

49 Marcy Street

Somerset, NJ 08873

732-213-0600 

Other related posts: