[isalist] ISA Mistake or Exchange documentation ???

  • From: "ISA" <ISA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 11:04:21 -0400

I'm not sure who to blame (starting with myself), but I ran into a few
interesting series of road bumps that could have been avoided with
better/different documentation.

1) Publish Exchange - done!

2) Publish OWA - done!

3) Publish OWA via Https - done!

4) Publish FBA - done!

5) Publish RPC/http - done!

6) Then I tried to get the "Change Password" option to work via OWA.
Simply received a 403 error URL not allowed.

After spending unsuccessful hours searching for documentation - I
stumbled upon the answer myself.

My point is, is that it seems more logical that when documenting the
procedures for Step 2 or Step 3 above they could have simply listed the
minimum required PATH directories AND then added a suggestion of
(additional) PATH directories that might be needed in the future i.e.

Joseph Danielsen, MCSA-Messaging, MCP

Network Blade Inc.

49 Marcy Street

Somerset, NJ 08873