[isalist] Re: ISA Intra Array Authentification

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 09:53:31 -0800

..and years of satellite service means - what - exactly?

I've met plenty of folks with "lots of years of <pick a subject> behind
me" - none of which prepares them for the current effort.

I've been trying to offer you support, but it's been like chasing a
caffeine-powered three-year-old around the back yard.

The problem you originally related deals with intra-array authentication
and you've been all over NLB, file permissions, NICs and FSM knows what
else.

If this is indicative of your troubleshooting techniques during your
years in the satellite business, it bodes ill for the remaining process.

We'll break it down into steps:

1.       Log on to your problematic ISA Server using an account which
has local administrator privileges

2.       Start | Run | cmd

3.       Type 'Cd "%ProgramFiles%\microsoft isabpa"' (use the
double-quotes since the path has spaces)

4.       Type 'isabpapack +repro' (no quotes)

5.       Follow the instructions

6.       Respond with a link to the resulting data

Note: Do NOT clear out your event logs prior to running this utility;
there is important data that can help solve this issue.