[isalist] Re: ISA, Host Headers and CSS

  • From: <mick.mason@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 14:32:40 +0100

Thanks for the response Jim.

This isn't how it's going to be setup in our Live environment, there
isn't an ISA server, it's another Firewall product that I have nothing
to do with, but my hands are tied with the configuration of our Dev
environment.

Even without the ISAPI filter, I experience the same problems (this also
occurs in other pure .NET/MS applications such as MS CMS and straight
ASP.NET pages.).  A site published through ISA is returned without any
CSS.  Turning on the the 'Original host header' option resolves this.  I
know less than zero about why the host headers would affect CSS so it's
just a blind solution at the moment, and no-one else seems to have
experienced any web publishing/CSS problems if my Google searches are
anything to go by.

If I use the ISAPI filter, but from 'behind' the firewall, the problem
doesn't occur.  I have a baseless, uneducated hunch that it is to do
with the ISAPI filter also changing the header, but as I'm ignorant
about the real role of headers in all of this, I am unable to
troubleshoot the steps involved.