ISA, HTTPS, and Hotmail

  • From: "Carter, Elizabeth" <ecarter@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 11:32:54 -0400

This may be a simple issue, but we need some assistance.  We are a boarding
high school and have blocked access to HTTPS sites with a protocol rule for
the Student group on ISA.  We do not want them going to sites such as to bypass our internet content filtering which runs on a
Compaq Tasksmart server.  We do have the ports open on our Cisco router and
the site is open on our Tasksmart filter/cache server so adults have access
to https sites.  However, we DO want the students to be able to use Hotmail
accounts.  Is there a way to allow access to this particular https site
without having to open all https sites?  Thanks for any help you can

Elizabeth C. Carter
Director of Information Technology
Virginia Episcopal School
400 VES Road