RE: ISA & FW1

  • From: "Ronny" <rserrano@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 17:41:41 -0700

Holger,

Thanks.. the "Internet -> FW-1 -> ISA -> LAN" is exactly the one I'm
looking at implimenting. The IT staff is already comfortable with FW-1, so
I want the ISA to be as passive as possible. The other thing is, we are
going to try and have everyone as SNAT on the network. They don't want to
use the authentication and don't want to put any more software on the
desktops. The ISA is going to be there only to help with the HTTP
anti-virus.. the company got hit by NIMDA from a hotmail account, and is
now kinda parinoid. They feel this would help give them a "warm fuzzy"
feeling if you know what I mean.

Can anyone think of any pitfalls I should be aware of?

Thanks again!
RS