[isalist] Re: ISA 2006 & Websense

  • From: "Ball, Dan" <DBall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 09:16:52 -0400

Thanks for your input, it helps getting an inside view from someone who is
actually using the product, rather than depending upon the marketing
documentation.   For now, I think I'll put everything on that one server, and
if it looks like it is struggling I'll put a secondary server up to handle the
database.  Maybe TMG will arrive and save the day! *grin*

We went over the redundancy issue in detail several times now and they/we have
decided it was acceptable to experience a few hours of outage rather than to
pay for another server.   The server itself is pretty good, just about
everything in it is redundant, so the odds of actual total hardware failure is
awfully low.  I just save the configuration backups so I can re-install the
software pretty quickly if needed.