[isalist] Re: ISA 2006 SP1 and Exchange 2007 SP1

  • From: Jerry Young <jerrygyoungii@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 10:31:46 -0500

Entrust has a good offer for that.  Not that spendy, either.

Verisign is another vendor that provides SAN certificates but they cost big
$$$$$.  I've never understood why aside from name recognition.

If you go Entrust you will want to make sure that the name of the registrant
for the domain(s) you're using in the SAN certificate matches exactly the
name of the company that "owns" the domain.  Otherwise, Entrust won't issue
the certificate.

My current client used "Company Name A, Ltd." for the name of the registrant
of the domain they owned but their legal entity name was "Company Name,
Ltd." and because of that discrepency Entrust wouldn't issue them a
certificate until the name of the registrant was updated to match.

--
Cordially yours,
Jerry G. Young II