RE: ISA 2004 and OWA once again

  • From: "Andrew English" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 11:24:19 -0500

Mats,

Well even though the Microsoft has its similarities I suggest you remove
both the OWA publishing and enrollment rules and follow what MS says
word for word. You don't have anything to lose by trying it. Even do
what they suggest for the setup of the /exchange /exchweb and /public
folders. Even enable the cache (against Tom's practices) for argument
sake, this way if it flies and it should if ISA is working correctly
then you can go back and make changes to Tom's methods, even removing
the cache setup.

Tom,

I am not saying your practices are bad, but when MS publishes their own
version of the story don't you think you should give people the benefit
of the doubt? Sure it's worked one way for you and your clients, but I
am sure there are a lot of people in ExchangeList who are using the
Microsoft method and it's working just as good for them. This why Mats
should try it their way since it doesn't seem to be working your way,
and as I stated above if it flies for him he can go back and make
adjustments to the rules so that it works your way. :-)

Btw, I wonder how many times Microsoft's support team have used their
own method on client servers with success?? Do you think they get more
clients than you who call in to ask for help setting up OWA on ISA 2004?

Andrew