ISA 2004 VPN PPTP / L2TP access issue

  • From: "Mark" <mark.wrightson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 04:18:41 -0700

I want to allow L2TP VPN access only for for VPN clients. No problem.

However I need to allow PPTP access for a site to site VPN to / from the
specific IP address of the remote site. No problem (I need PPTP for a
NAT-T issue at the remote site)

The problem is when I allow PPTP access for site to site VPN the system
alters the System Policy Rules and allows PPTP access for the clients.
Hence I lose L2TP security on remote client logins. I can't edit the
system policy so I can't fix the problem

Anyone got a solution / fix ?

Mark