Re: ISA 2004 PPTP VPN--Multiple Client Connections

Geez...still grumpy...:>)) 

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas W Shinder [mailto:tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx] 
Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2005 11:09 PM
To: ISA Mailing List
Subject: [isalist] Re: ISA 2004 PPTP VPN--Multiple Client Connections

http://www.ISAserver.org

What Jim meant to say "There is no record of a correctly configured ISA
firewall being compromised", so that would leave yours out. :P

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.
Site: www.isaserver.org
Blog: http://spaces.msn.com/members/drisa/
Book: http://tinyurl.com/3xqb7
MVP -- ISA Firewalls

 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Steve Moffat [mailto:steve@xxxxxxxxxx]
> Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2005 9:03 PM
> To: [ISAserver.org Discussion List]
> Subject: [isalist] Re: ISA 2004 PPTP VPN--Multiple Client Connections
> 
> http://www.ISAserver.org
> 
> There ya go...the first on the record...recorded instance of an 
> exploited ISA installation.
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Jim Harrison [mailto:Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
> Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2005 10:47 PM
> To: ISA Mailing List
> Subject: [isalist] Re: ISA 2004 PPTP VPN--Multiple Client Connections
> 
> http://www.ISAserver.org
> 
> Ooh, baby, ooh...
> Anything in particular, or just me alone with some soft, warm packets?
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Steve Moffat [mailto:steve@xxxxxxxxxx]
> Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2005 6:29 PM
> To: [ISAserver.org Discussion List]
> Subject: [isalist] Re: ISA 2004 PPTP VPN--Multiple Client Connections
> 
> http://www.ISAserver.org
> 
> Psssstt....wanna spend some time with my ISA?
> 
> 
>  
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Jim Harrison [mailto:Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
> Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2005 9:39 PM
> To: ISA Mailing List
> Subject: [isalist] Re: ISA 2004 PPTP VPN--Multiple Client Connections
> 
> http://www.ISAserver.org
> 
> ..and let's not forget my favorite (true) statement:
> "There is not one single instance (reported or otherwise) of an ISA 
> server being exploited."
> 
> Literally none of the other "offerings" (snickerchortlechuckleGUFFAW) 
> can claim anything even remotely like that without fear of an untimely

> lightning strike.
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Thomas W Shinder [mailto:tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx]
> Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2005 5:30 PM
> To: [ISAserver.org Discussion List]
> Subject: [isalist] Re: ISA 2004 PPTP VPN--Multiple Client Connections
> 
> http://www.ISAserver.org
> 
> Ha! Real firewall? Cisco ? Netscreen? Don't swallow that cool aid.
> Remember, there are plenty of Russian dudes who have the Cisco source 
> code, so you'll never know what hit you with Cisco. Netscreen is fast,

> but not smart (historically).
> 
> ISA is EAL4+ certified. The carnard that ISA's not a real firewall is 
> now only of historical (and hysterical) import.
> 
> Tom
> 
> Thomas W Shinder, M.D.
> Site: www.isaserver.org
> Blog: http://spaces.msn.com/members/drisa/
> Book: http://tinyurl.com/3xqb7
> MVP -- ISA Firewalls
> 
>  
> 
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: barrett [mailto:barrett.mcguire@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
> > Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2005 7:14 PM
> > To: [ISAserver.org Discussion List]
> > Subject: [isalist] Re: ISA 2004 PPTP VPN--Multiple Client
> Connections
> > 
> > http://www.ISAserver.org
> > 
> > True, but if I were to spend the money on a real router (Cisco, 
> > Juniper), I would also buy a real firewall :) at the same
> time. Alas,
> > money is a determining factor and ISA is fun to use.
> > 
> > ------------------------------------------------------
> > List Archives: http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=isalist
> > ISA Server Newsletter: http://www.isaserver.org/pages/newsletter.asp
> > ISA Server FAQ: http://www.isaserver.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
> > ------------------------------------------------------
> > Visit TechGenix.com for more information about our other sites:
> > http://www.techgenix.com
> > ------------------------------------------------------
> > You are currently subscribed to this ISAserver.org
> Discussion List as:
> 
> > tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe visit 
> > http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=isalist
> > Report abuse to listadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > 
> > 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------
> List Archives: http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=isalist
> ISA Server Newsletter: http://www.isaserver.org/pages/newsletter.asp
> ISA Server FAQ: http://www.isaserver.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
> ------------------------------------------------------
> Visit TechGenix.com for more information about our other sites:
> http://www.techgenix.com
> ------------------------------------------------------
> You are currently subscribed to this ISAserver.org Discussion List as:
> jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> To unsubscribe visit
> http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=isalist
> Report abuse to listadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 
> All mail to and from this domain is GFI-scanned.
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------
> List Archives: http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=isalist
> ISA Server Newsletter: http://www.isaserver.org/pages/newsletter.asp
> ISA Server FAQ: http://www.isaserver.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
> ------------------------------------------------------
> Visit TechGenix.com for more information about our other sites:
> http://www.techgenix.com
> ------------------------------------------------------
> You are currently subscribed to this ISAserver.org Discussion List as:
> isalist@xxxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe visit 
> http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=isalist
> Report abuse to listadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 
> The correct technical term for haggis stalking is "havering". 
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------
> List Archives: http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=isalist
> ISA Server Newsletter: http://www.isaserver.org/pages/newsletter.asp
> ISA Server FAQ: http://www.isaserver.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
> ------------------------------------------------------
> Visit TechGenix.com for more information about our other sites:
> http://www.techgenix.com
> ------------------------------------------------------
> You are currently subscribed to this ISAserver.org Discussion List as:
> jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> To unsubscribe visit
> http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=isalist
> Report abuse to listadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 
> All mail to and from this domain is GFI-scanned.
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------
> List Archives: http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=isalist
> ISA Server Newsletter: http://www.isaserver.org/pages/newsletter.asp
> ISA Server FAQ: http://www.isaserver.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
> ------------------------------------------------------
> Visit TechGenix.com for more information about our other sites:
> http://www.techgenix.com
> ------------------------------------------------------
> You are currently subscribed to this ISAserver.org Discussion List as:
> isalist@xxxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe visit 
> http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=isalist
> Report abuse to listadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 
> The correct technical term for haggis stalking is "havering". 
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------
> List Archives: http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=isalist
> ISA Server Newsletter: http://www.isaserver.org/pages/newsletter.asp
> ISA Server FAQ: http://www.isaserver.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
> ------------------------------------------------------
> Visit TechGenix.com for more information about our other sites:
> http://www.techgenix.com
> ------------------------------------------------------
> You are currently subscribed to this ISAserver.org Discussion List as:

> tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe visit 
> http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=isalist
> Report abuse to listadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 
> 

------------------------------------------------------
List Archives: http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=isalist
ISA Server Newsletter: http://www.isaserver.org/pages/newsletter.asp
ISA Server FAQ: http://www.isaserver.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
------------------------------------------------------
Visit TechGenix.com for more information about our other sites:
http://www.techgenix.com
------------------------------------------------------
You are currently subscribed to this ISAserver.org Discussion List as:
isalist@xxxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe visit
http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=isalist
Report abuse to listadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

The correct technical term for haggis stalking is "havering". 



Other related posts: