IPSEC/L2TP VPN on ISA Server

  • From: Nicholas Palmer <NICK@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 09:09:47 -0700

Hi all,

I've got a question about setting up a Server to Server VPN.  I followed the
example in the back of Tom's book to set up a VPN between to different
Servers(both with ISA), and everything seems to work OK.  Well it works OK
when I use PPTP as the Authentication protocol.  If I try to use IPSEC it
fails to Authenticate.  I've read somewhere in Tom's book about an IPSEC
driver that needs to be installed, but I've also seen that you can't do
IPSEC if you are doing NAT, which ISA does right?  So what is the answer
here.

Thanks in advance,
Nick.

Nicholas Palmer