RE: IPSEC

  • From: "Gary Anderson" <gary.anderson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 13:04:12 +0100

Stefaan,

Do you have an URL's on this?

It seems unlike a strange idea.  Why would you want to compromise security
to implement a security feature?

I was working for a client once when an HP engineer asked to set up an IPSec
connection like this.  I told that it didn't make sense.  He swore that HP
was using it on its client sites through France but he couldn't tell me how.
Now, I'm starting to see how they did it.

It seems like a stupid idea.  Imagine installing something like Reverse wwww
Shell that would use this mechanism.

A+,

Gary