RE: IPCop site to site VPN with ISA 2004

  • From: Alexandre Gauthier <gauthiera@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 12:28:38 -0500

This might be a stab in the dark but I'd say it has to do with the specified
main mode policy not being found.

Okay kidding apart, what is the IPCOP box using to establish IPSEC
connections? Kernel mode Racoon/IKE IPSEC or something like OpenSWAN? (And
can those even *talk* to ISA?)

Date: 2/15/2006
Time: 11:43:07 AM
User: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
Computer: SRV01
IKE security association negotiation failed.
Mode:
Key Exchange Mode (Main Mode)

Filter:
Source IP Address 100.100.100.100
Source IP Address Mask 255.255.255.255
Destination IP Address 200.200.200.200
Destination IP Address Mask 255.255.255.255
Protocol 0
Source Port 0
Destination Port 0
IKE Local Addr 100.100.100.100
IKE Peer Addr 200.200.200.200
IKE Source Port 500
IKE Destination Port 500
Peer Private Addr

Peer Identity:

  Failure Point:
Me

Failure Reason:
The specified main mode policy was not found.

Extra Status:
Sent first (SA) payload
Initiator.  Delta Time 0
0x0 0x0

---------------------------------------

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Microsoft Firewall
Event Category: None
Event ID: 21197
Date: 2/15/2006
Time: 11:37:16 AM
User: N/A
Computer: SRV01
ISA Server cannot locate a route to the ABC remote site. As a result,
a connection cannot be established. To establish the IPSec
site-to-site connection, you must update the routing table.

I do not yet have the errors (if there are any) from the IPCop side.

When I try to ping from the ISA server, the replies first say timed
out and from there on: Negotiating IP Security.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

...D