Here's a good one

Folks,
I sure could use some help with a little problem of mine which I can't seem to
figure out.

I've installed a new IM server in my internal network. This IM server in order
to work correctly for internal and external, users
must be able to resolve the host name to the same IP.

Let me see if I can explain this....

The server is running on an internal machine (10.0.0.30)

Our internal DNS server points im.nfti.com to 12.32.70.211

Our external DNS will point im.nfti.com to 12.32.70.211

How would I setup my filters to allow internal users to go out and back in
allowing the ports required for the IM connection?

For external users I figure I would just publish the server maybe? would that
be correct?

Thanks for your help!

Greg Foulks, MCP
NewFound Technologies, Inc.