RE: Help with the web proxy setup in ISA 2004

  • From: "Dan Bartley" <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 06:31:24 -0400

Since this was brought up I have a semi-related question regarding auto-*. I
have ISA 2k4 set to use auto-configuration. I get an update was successful on
the client Web Browser tab of the client firewall when I choose Configure
Now, but if I go to the General tab and select auto-discover ISA server it
says failed to discover. I can set it manually and it appears to work fine. I
have the auto-discovery settings entered in ISA, I made DNS entry for WPAD
alias, made DHCP entry for WPAD, etc. What am I missing? Something simple I'm
sure.

Best Regards,

Dan Bartley