RE: Help - SFTP port 22

  • From: Alexandre Gauthier <gauthiera@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 11:33:58 -0400

>True - my lesdixyia is clearly acting up again.

Most clearly :)

>So long as the traffic continues over TCP:22, there should be no issues.
>It's when ISA has to follow protocol changes that it can't anticipate, such
>as happens with FTPS, that you see problems.

Indeed.

>If, as the <cough> Unix geek states, it "tastes like FTP, but is less
>filling", then it's possible that there are protocol changes similar to
>FTP.

No.

Read again.

I clearly stated it used only one connection, more than once.

>If this is the case (do a net cap; this will tell you), then my earlier
>statements stand; ISA don't do this.

Well, you know nothing ressembles an encrypted packet more than another
encrypted packet. You won't see anything but SSH handshakes, key exchanges
and that's it.

I don't know why the heck I bother posting when nobody reads what I write,
make random statements or just re-tells what I have just said to look as if
they came up with it themselves. Bleh.