From: Kevin S. Malinowski
Sent: Sunday, January 12, 2003 10:04 PM
To: [ISAserver.org Discussion List]
Subject: [isalist] RE: Hello from a newbe and help configuring incoming
email

http://www.ISAserver.org

John, Tom,

Telneting to port 25 at mail.webeans.com is accepted by chili.webeans.lcl .
This would mean that SMTP is ok. However when trying to send mail using the
telnet sesion the following is the result.

220 chili.webeans.lcl Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service,
 at  Sun, 12 Jan 2003 21:01:13 -0800
helo
250 chili.webeans.lcl Hello [142.179.167.192]
mail from:auser@xxxxxxxxxxx
250 2.1.0 auser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx OK
rcpt to:johnb@xxxxxxxxxxx
550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for johnb@xxxxxxxxxxx

This implies that the user is not properly setup to recieve mail on the
exchange server.

Kevin