Hello Mr. Thomas SHinder, tell me what to do.

  • From: "Babur Kiani" <webauther@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 04:09:32 -0700

Hello Mr. Thomas SHinder, tell me what to do.

I have read your book "Configuring ISA Server 2000".
This book is an exellent example of your experience & knowledge that Allah
has given to you, but i am confused at a point that either you have not
mentioned or i have no found the solution for configuring an unknown
protocol to work connect an application to a dissemination server.
Actually I have following problem
I have an application that connects to our corporate database server so
that clients can perform invetory as per official requirement, this
application works well when the machine is directly connected to internet
but fails to connect to dissemination server when the machine is behind
ISA server. The application name is abc.exe and it connects to TCP port
5000-7000 with the server having IP 172.111.1.22. and domain xyz.com., How
can I define a rule so that this application works behind isa server.
By the if you have mentioned the concept in your book please reffer me to
the page number. of if not please guide me what to do.

Thanks and regards!
M A Babur Kiani
mab@xxxxxxxxxx