RE: Hardware Needed

  • From: "Quillman Shawn (RBNA/CSA1) *" <Shawn.Quillman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 13:01:20 -0500

How are you going to set up ISA on a Cisco Router???
haha, just kidding.  Really wishing it was Friday right now......

As long as ISA will sit between those 2 networks you'll need at least 2
nics.  ISA won't join the two networks.

Good (2 nics required):
Port1 <-----> ISA <-----> Port2

Not Good (get RainConnect instead):
Port1 <------
            ISA ----- <somewhere else>
Port2 <------

Also Good (3 nics required, DMZ-type setup):
        <somewhere else>
Port1 <-----> ISA <-----> Port 2

Shawn R. Quillman
Robert Bosch Corporation RBNA/CSA1