HTTP 502 Proxy Error

  • From: "David Mineer" <davemineer@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "ISAserver.org Discussion List" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 00:50:44 -0600

This is the error I get when Accessing https pages from inside my network.  No
problems accessing those pages from outside isa.

HTTP 502 Proxy Error - The Uniform Resource Locator (URL) does not use a
recognized protocol. Either the protocol is not supported or the request was
not typed correctly. Confirm that a valid protocol is in use (for example, HTTP
for a Web request). (12006)
Internet Security and Acceleration Server

Some weird things.  This begins after a reboot.  It has just quit before, and
began working, only to suddenly happen again.

If I type in the ip address of my external card it works.

I believe it is something to do with dns cause I don't know what to change.
But maybe it is in the ISA config. I have tried everything in there.  However I
don't make any changes when it quits working.  I am using Small Business Server
2000, Multihomed.  I can't figure out what to do to make it work.

I have the

The best, and about only info on this error that I have been able to find is:

Sounds like you have a Proxy vs HTTP protocol error -- it is as if the part
of the equation thinks it is talking to a proxy server and then other a true
HTTP web site.  This can be caused by confusing the ports of the web server
vs the proxy services and/or trying to have an internal client surf to a
webpage on the ISA server by referencing (or resolving to) the external
interface's IP.

I have tried all sorts of settings in the ISA config.

Any ideas would be apreciated.

TIA

Dave