RE: Gee, Thanks!

  • From: "Scheele, Brian" <bscheele@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 16:20:25 -0400

It appears that I have the same issues with not ever getting responses from
anybody.  The questions that I post seem legitimate and answerable.  My
questions apparently are getting posted, since I always get 5 to 10 out of
office replies from overseas users.  What is funny is that even though
things get posted, 50% of the time I get a response back from the ISA list
stating that my message was rejected.  I cannot state here what the reason
was since quoting the text in that message would cause this post to get
rejected.

Some questions that I had that went unanswered were:
 Please Help!  SMTP Filter does not filter out anything
 OWA with Exchange 5.5 and ISA
 Connect remotely to Exchange 5.5 with Outlook Express

Some that were answered and discussed were:
 Blocking Ads
 Disable cacheing of certain web sites

Everything that I had no responses to were questions that had anything to do
with Exchange Server 5.5.  Probably, the majority of people that are still
on 5.5 don't know what they are doing anyways and do not know the answer.
Most people I would guess are at least on Exchange 2000, which still is not
even the latest version (or is about to not be the latest version).

Things that usually get answered are stuff that only has to do with ISA.

It would be nice to have my SMTP filter filtering content, but it probably
does not work since I have 5.5.

Thanks,

Brian K. Scheele
Systems Administrator