Firewall on the road

  • From: "Kenny Mann" <Kennymann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 11:16:10 -0500

I have some users that go on the road, to connect to the hotels
internet, they must shutdown the ISA firewall client.
Is their a method or program that can have basic firewall rules while
they are offline or should I just download and use ZoneAlarm? OR perhaps
there is a firewall of choice that is more popular?
I have researched "free" and GPL'ed firewalls and have found that the
GPL'ed firewall are overly-complicated for the users, and ZoneAlarm was
the best that I've found that is free.

Perhaps Microsoft has a program that can download rules from the ISA
server and apply them locally. I've googled and search MS KB, and found
nothing. Perhaps my keyword choice was poor?
I'm less worried about them running online games and more worried about
a worm coming in, as in recent virus's.

Thanks!

--Kenny Mann