RE: Firewall Client

  • From: "Edward Sullivan" <esullivan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 14:46:55 -0600

Here's how to hide the icon - any other keyword values in there to disable it?
You could also disable via a Group Policy, but that may not suit your needs.

From
http://www.isaserver.org/tutorials/Automating_the_Configuration_of_the_Firewall_Client_Part_1.html

"The Show Firewall Client icon on taskbar checkbox determines whether or not
the Firewall Client icon will appear in the system tray. If you don’t want the
icon to appear in the tray, you can right click the icon and select the Hide
When Connected command. If you want to hide the icon via a Registry entry you
can go to:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Firewall Client

Double click on the HideIcon value in the right pane and change the value to 0.
If you need to disable the icon on a large number of machines, you can use
Windows 2000 Group Policy and script the running of a .reg file that will
disable the tray icon automatically."