Firewall Client

  • From: "Rami SIK" <rami@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ISA List" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 10:17:18 +0300

Hi all,

I have some problems with firewall client. In the old days, when we were
using MS Proxy2.0 almost all programs were working after installing the
proxy client , for example GetRight-RealPlayer-Netscape (those days I
used to say "no proxy or direct connection" to such programs). However,
after upgrading to ISA 2000 server and installing its new firewall
client, all those programs started to fail making their connection
through the ISA. I tried to configure them manually for proxy server.
Some of them ask me for the authentication (for example netscape) and it
then only succeeds. Getright actually does not work with all of those
unless you say "use http proxy for ftp".

So, I am started thinking "what does this firewall client do any more?"
It seems not working as I expecting comparing the old MS Proxy2.0
client!!!

By the way, although the firewall client has been installed, IE still
needs the manual proxy configuration. (I have a rule to redirect to http
request to webproxy service under the "Extensions" tab of ISA management
console).

One last thing, I am using "SuperScout web filter" as http filtering
tool over the ISA server. I have some problems with it when it captures
the usernames for an http request coming from a firewall client with IE
proxy configuration is not set.

If you have clues please help me.

Thanks,

Rami SIK