Re: FYI: Microsoft ISA Server Message Boards: Is there a way to restrict miltiple login in ISA?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Harrison" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, January 02, 2004 9:05 PM
Subject: [isalist] Re: FYI: Microsoft ISA Server Message Boards: Is there a
way to restrict miltiple login in ISA?


> http://www.ISAserver.org
>
> Hi Tom,
>
> Very true; I forgot about them...
>
>  Jim Harrison
>  MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
>  http://www.microsoft.com/isaserver
>  http://isaserver.org/Jim_Harrison
>  http://isatools.org
>
>  Read the help, books and articles!
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Sent: Friday, January 02, 2004 09:06
> Subject: [isalist] Re: FYI: Microsoft ISA Server Message Boards: Is there
a
> way to restrict miltiple login in ISA?
>
>
> http://www.ISAserver.org
>
> Hi Jim,
>
> Good point. It seems like its split down the middle between folks who
> want to limit the number of sessions (app layer sessions, I assume) and
> the number of log ons. The latter situation seems to come up a lot with
> orgs that don't have strong access policies in place and users share
> their username and password info, which ends up with the same account
> logging on from multiple workstations.
>
> Thanks!
> Tom
>
> Thomas W Shinder
> www.isaserver.org/shinder
> ISA Server 2004 Beta - Coming Soon
> ISA Server and Beyond: http://tinyurl.com/1jq1
> Configuring ISA Server: http://tinyurl.com/1llp
>
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Jim Harrison [mailto:jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
> Sent: Friday, January 02, 2004 10:59 AM
> To: [ISAserver.org Discussion List]
> Subject: [isalist] Re: FYI: Microsoft ISA Server Message Boards: Is
> there a way to restrict miltiple login in ISA?
>
>
> http://www.ISAserver.org
>
> Hi Tom,
>
> Neat-o tool, and I understand how this works, but is that what was being
> asked for?
> Maybe I'm reading it inside-put, but 99% of the folks asking this
> question
> are trying to limit concurrent "sessions" though ISA, not actual user
> logins...
>
>  Jim Harrison
>  MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
>  http://www.microsoft.com/isaserver
>  http://isaserver.org/Jim_Harrison
>  http://isatools.org
>
>  Read the help, books and articles!
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Sent: Friday, January 02, 2004 07:40
> Subject: [isalist] FYI: Microsoft ISA Server Message Boards: Is there a
> way
> to restrict miltiple login in ISA?
>
>
> http://www.ISAserver.org
>
> Microsoft ISA Server Message Boards: Is there a way to restrict miltiple
> login in ISA?:
> http://forums.isaserver.org/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=007488#00
> 0003
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------
> List Archives: http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=isalist
> ISA Server Newsletter: http://www.isaserver.org/pages/newsletter.asp
> ISA Server FAQ: http://www.isaserver.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
> ------------------------------------------------------
> Other Internet Software Marketing Sites:
> Leading Network Software Directory: http://www.serverfiles.com
> No.1 Exchange Server Resource Site: http://www.msexchange.org
> Windows Security Resource Site: http://www.windowsecurity.com/
> Network Security Library: http://www.secinf.net/
> Windows 2000/NT Fax Solutions: http://www.ntfaxfaq.com
> ------------------------------------------------------
> You are currently subscribed to this ISAserver.org Discussion List as:
> jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> To unsubscribe send a blank email to $subst('Email.Unsub')
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------
> List Archives: http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=isalist
> ISA Server Newsletter: http://www.isaserver.org/pages/newsletter.asp
> ISA Server FAQ: http://www.isaserver.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
> ------------------------------------------------------
> Other Internet Software Marketing Sites:
> Leading Network Software Directory: http://www.serverfiles.com
> No.1 Exchange Server Resource Site: http://www.msexchange.org
> Windows Security Resource Site: http://www.windowsecurity.com/
> Network Security Library: http://www.secinf.net/
> Windows 2000/NT Fax Solutions: http://www.ntfaxfaq.com
> ------------------------------------------------------
> You are currently subscribed to this ISAserver.org Discussion List as:
> tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To unsubscribe send a blank email to $subst('Email.Unsub')
>
> ------------------------------------------------------
> List Archives: http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=isalist
> ISA Server Newsletter: http://www.isaserver.org/pages/newsletter.asp
> ISA Server FAQ: http://www.isaserver.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
> ------------------------------------------------------
> Other Internet Software Marketing Sites:
> Leading Network Software Directory: http://www.serverfiles.com
> No.1 Exchange Server Resource Site: http://www.msexchange.org
> Windows Security Resource Site: http://www.windowsecurity.com/
> Network Security Library: http://www.secinf.net/
> Windows 2000/NT Fax Solutions: http://www.ntfaxfaq.com
> ------------------------------------------------------
> You are currently subscribed to this ISAserver.org Discussion List as:
> jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> To unsubscribe send a blank email to $subst('Email.Unsub')
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------
> List Archives: http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=isalist
> ISA Server Newsletter: http://www.isaserver.org/pages/newsletter.asp
> ISA Server FAQ: http://www.isaserver.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
> ------------------------------------------------------
> Other Internet Software Marketing Sites:
> Leading Network Software Directory: http://www.serverfiles.com
> No.1 Exchange Server Resource Site: http://www.msexchange.org
> Windows Security Resource Site: http://www.windowsecurity.com/
> Network Security Library: http://www.secinf.net/
> Windows 2000/NT Fax Solutions: http://www.ntfaxfaq.com
> ------------------------------------------------------
> You are currently subscribed to this ISAserver.org Discussion List as:
bachari@xxxxxxxxxxx
> To unsubscribe send a blank email to $subst('Email.Unsub')



Other related posts: