FW: Strange Situation (no responses)

  • From: "Jon Gravois" <wynnewade@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 14:45:56 -0500

DMZ bests practices
-----Original Message-----
From: Jonathan W. Gravois [mailto:wynnewade@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2001 9:50 PM
To: [ISAserver.org Discussion List]
Subject: [isalist] Strange Situation

http://www.ISAserver.org

I returned home tonight from a day long business trip to discover a storm
has interrupted electricity to my computers. I rebooted all computers in
order: ISA, Web Server, Workstation. Everything seems to have recovered
nicely except...

While the computer was working fine before I left, now something strange is
happening. I have "connectivity" and can receive e-mail through Outlook but
cannot connect to any website on any of the three boxes. I get an error
telling me:

a.. Background:
This error indicates that the server, while acting as a gateway or proxy,
could not find the IP address of an upstream content server.
Can anyone give me any ideas as to how to reestablish "surfability"?

Jon