FW: Split Routing?

  • From: "Wayne Berry" <wayne@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 10:55:47 -0800

ISAList:

In my office I would like to put up a ISA Server 2004 as a firewall for
outside access, and as a Site-To-Site VPN.  Traffic that is going for the
outside work (isaserver.org) would just go out my External network.  Traffic
going for our RACK in co-location would be tunneled out the VPN (over the
External network) and decrypted by the PIX that we have at collocation.

1)       I have the Internal To External Working

2)       I believe the VPN tunnel is up (we had a SOHO To PIX working
previously so I know the PIX is set up right), however how do you check the
VPN tunnel on the ISA Server 2004 is up?  Is the only way to know to send
traffic over it?  i.e. ping, tracert, etc.

3)       I have the a Network Rule that Routes Traffic Between Internal and
Co-location (FiberCloud)

http://www.xcache.com/images/xpisa/NetworkRulesScreenShot.bmp

4)       I have two Firewall Polices for All Traffic between my office
(Crown Plaza) To Co-Location  (Fibercloud) and Back:

Http://www.xcache.com/images/xpisa/FirewallPolicyScreenShot.bmp

5)       But From the Internal network I can't ping, trace route, or connect
to IPs that I have defined as being part of the VPN network.  So either the
VPN is not established, which I don't know how to test, or my routing rule
isn't working or my policies are preventing my from getting there.  Does
anyone have a couple of quick tests that I can use to figure out what the
issue is.

BTW I read:

Creating IPSec Tunnel Mode Site to Site VPNs with ISA Server 2004 Firewalls

http://www.isaserver.org/tutorials/2004ipsectunnelmode.html

To get this far, however none of them deal with split traffic, where some
traffic is headed external and some is headed to the VPN.

-Wayne

The ISAPI Dev pretending to be an ISA Admin for the day