Re: Explicit Deny does not work, why?

  • From: "Greg Foulks" <greg.foulks@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 14:33:16 -0500

Tom/Jim,
Thanks for all of your help. I did just as suggested. I went back
to server publishing and installed UrlScan on my web server.

URLscan almost does the job... I guess I'll just have to live with
the results.

Instead of all the cmd.exe requests being logged.. it now looks
like this....

2002-03-16 08:14:17 12.217.5.203 - W3SVC1 WEBKEEPER 10.0.0.32 80 -
 - - 404 2 245 72 0 HTTP/1.0 www - - -
2002-03-16 08:14:17 12.217.5.203 - W3SVC1 WEBKEEPER 10.0.0.32 80 -
 - - 404 2 245 70 0 HTTP/1.0 www - - -
2002-03-16 08:14:17 12.217.5.203 - W3SVC1 WEBKEEPER 10.0.0.32 80 -
 - - 404 2 245 80 0 HTTP/1.0 www - - -

Thanks again!

greg
From: "Thomas W. Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 11:39:32 -0600

>http://www.ISAserver.org
>

>Hmmm. I guess I'll have to take out that old Daisey pea shooter
and
>teach that bird a thing or two :-)
>
>Tom

IIS
>logs,
>but can't help with URL filtering
>2. web publishing offers great URL filtering but can't pass the
original
>source IP to the web server.
>
>Your other choice is to use server publishing and install URLScan
on the
>web
>server:
>http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?releaseid=32571
>
>Jim Harrison
>MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
>http://isaserver.org/authors/harrison/
>Read the books!

Rules.

>HTH,
>Tom

05:09:53/scripts/..\../winnt/system32/cmd.exe?/c+dir 1
>10.00%
>  50003/10/2002
05:09:54/scripts/..\../winnt/system32/cmd.exe?/c+dir 3
>30.00%
>  50003/10/2002
05:09:54/scripts/../../winnt/system32/cmd.exe?/c+dir 1
>10.00%
>  50003/10/2002
09:50:31/scripts/..\../winnt/system32/cmd.exe?/c+dir 1
>10.00%
>  50003/10/2002
09:50:34/scripts/../../winnt/system32/cmd.exe?/c+dir 1
>10.00%
>  50003/10/2002
09:50:34/scripts/..\../winnt/system32/cmd.exe?/c+dir 3
>30.00%
>Total for Errors Above 10 100.00%
>
>Greg Foulks, MCP
>NewFound Technologies, Inc.
>http://www.nfti.com
>Email: greg.foulks@xxxxxxxx
>Voice: 614.318.5036
>Fax: 614.318.5005

373102A@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

373102A@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

373102A@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

373102A@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

373102A@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

373102A@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

373102A@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

373102A@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent via the NewFound Technologies, Inc. - WebMail system at
mail.nfti.com