[isalist] Re: Error establishing a VPN to the ISA server

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 08:35:40 -0500

Hi Glenn,
This is why so-called "SSL VPN" is so popular, because there are less
than stellar types like those who run that hotel's BB network who
believe in the "Universal Firewall Ports" 80/443.

No problem. Install ORB (www.orb.com) on the machine he wants file
access too, configure the folders or drives you want to share (which I
assume is all of them) and away you go. He'll be able to access that
information via his browser at the hotel. BTW -- it's free.

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.
MVP -- ISA Firewalls