[isalist] Re: Error during install

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 22:18:51 -0500

It's impenetrable if you configure it correctly as a firewall. If you
make it a DC, you have to harpoon all the network and host security
provided by the ISA firewall software. It's not a magician, just a good
firewall, and putting a DC on a firewall forces you to compromise your
firewall and the rest of the network.

ISA is definitely not a small business solution -- its a midmarket and
enterprise solution, however I had sold it into small business who
appreciate it's features and added security.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.
MVP -- ISA Firewalls

        From: isalist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:isalist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Thomas W Shinder
        Posted At: Wednesday, August 09, 2006 9:31 AM
        Posted To: ISA
        Conversation: Error during install

        Here's something to use for the next guy who wants to install
the ISA firewall on a DC:

        Error during install:
http://forums.isaserver.org/m_2002023007/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm#2002023895