Email - Some works and some doesn't

  • From: "Riley Petty" <riley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 11:10:49 -0600

Hello,
I have two web sites. One in another city and one locally behind my
firewall(s). I have DNS Servers (outside of the firewall(s)for the local
web site and the other city DNS Server is located where the web site is
hosted. My problem is, I can send and receive email using the locally
hosted domain name, but I cannot send and receive email using the other
city domain name. My workstation is behind the ISA firewall and I have
more ports open than the City of New York.:) But, something did change
this morning. I'm testing the ISA Server in parallel with my currently
installed Proxy 2.0 Server and using my workstation to reconfigure and go
back and forth. This morning I forgot and left the Proxy 2.0 client on my
workstation and when I cut over to the ISA Server my email from the other
city domain started working. I thought I didn't need a client on my
workstation with ISA. Do I? And why did the Proxy 2.0 client make it start
working? Anyway, any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.
Riley Petty
Corpus Christi, TX
riley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx