Domain change and ISA server???

  • From: "Terzano, Thierry" <Thierry.Terzano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ISA List (E-mail)" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 19:35:37 +0200

Hi the list,

I'd like to be lightened on this:

I have an ISA server (Standard Edition under Firewall mode) installed and
joined to a domain Dom1.
In parallel, I mounted a new domain Dom2 that uses my firewall as the gateway.
All works fine.
My problem now is that the domain Dom1 will be completely deleted... and so, I
fear about my firewall... behaviour.

I use the VPN feature right now, and as users have the same password on the
both domains, their VPN connection (done through Dom1 recognition) is allowed
with their Dom1 account, and after that they can do what their account rights
allows them on the both domains (same account, same password).

But now, as Dom1 will disappear, I have to disjoin my firewall server before to
kill the last DC... and I'd like to let ISA in stand alone.

So, can someone tell me if my VPN configuration will survive or if I have to
totaly redo it? And what about the accounts? Have I to create accounts on ISA
for VPN authorisation or may I use the ones of my new domaine Dom2?

Thanks a lot in advance
Thierry