Disabling Saved Password Checkbox

  • From: "Faizal Khan" <mis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 10:02:34 -0400

Sam,

You can disable your users from saving passwords into the system,
however you need to push this setting down via group policy.
Open Active Directory users & groups > right click on Domain and click
properties, edit the default group policy.
In user configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components >
Internet Explorer > Choose Do Not Allow Auto Complete to save passwords
(enable this option) apply & then ok.

You may need to reboot the server for the settings to take effect or
perhaps refresh groups policy via dos command.

Good Luck!

With Kind Regards,
Khan

____________________________

Faizal Khan
MIS Manager
Guyana Forestry Commission
1 Water Street, Kingston,
Georgetown, GUYANA.
Tel :  + (592) 226-7272
Fax : + (592) 226-8956
Email:  <mailto:forestry.mis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
forestry.mis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Website:  <http://www.forestry> http://www.forestry.gov.gy

An authentication prompt is actually an IE thing, not an ISA thing.  I
personally have never seen an option where you can disable that box.
That doesn't mean, of course, that there isn't an undocumented way of
doing so like a buried reg key or something...  But you will need to
look in IE resources instead of ISA resources for the answer.

-Shawn

-----
Shawn R. Quillman
Robert Bosch Corporation RBNA/CIT1.1
38000 Hills Tech Drive
Farmington Hills, MI  48331
(248) 553-1164 (P)     (248) 848-2855 (F)
shawn.quillman@xxxxxxxxxxxx